To track the incoming calls, you can create the goal with the type Event. Within this goal, Roistat will send to your Google Analytics (GA)account all events about calls dialed to the numbers you specified in the Calltrackig section.
You can also configure the Webhook to send detailed information about incoming calls. Read more in Tracking the calls via Webhook article.
Within one scenario, you can configure the sending goal only to one counter of Google Analytics. В рамках одного сценария можно настроить отправку цели в один счетчик Google Analytics.
Goals are sending by dynamic and static calltracking scenarios. However, in static calltracking the goal in GA will not be linked to the specific source, as there are no Roistat and Google ClientID visit numbers.
After ending the incoming calls, HTTP-request POST is sent.
Example of the request:
Parameter of the goal that are sent in the request:
|Component||Parameter in the request||Value||Is it needed to be configured by user?|
|Tracking code ID of Google Analytics||tid|
where XXXXXX - your account number, Y - number of the related resource
|Client's anonymous identifier(Client-ID)||cid||example: 12xx916x95.13x6127xx4||No|
To configure the automatic sending of goal by call in Roistat, you only need to specify the identifier of your Google Analytics resource.
1. To find out the identifier of the resource, enter your GA account and go to the Administrator section. Choose the required resource and go to the Tracking code page. The resource ID is displayed in the Tracking ID string. You need to copy it.
2. Open the scenario settings in Roistat project and go to Integrations (step 5).
3. Enter the copied ID to the Resource ID (UA-XXX-Y) field of the Sending the goal to Google Analytics block and save the configuration.
1. Create the goal with the Event type in your GA account.
2. Specify the parameters for created goal:
Configure the other parameters on your own.
To cancel the sending of the lead, clear the Resource ID (UA-XXX-Y) in goal settings in Roistat.
To view the goal by the call in GA, go to Reports→ Behaviour→ Events.